Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Sofia
5 Sveta Nedelya Square, Sofia, 1000, Bulgaria
Phone: (359)(2) 9816541
3.7/5 (49 reviews)
The history of a city in one iconic building
Sofia Hotel Balkan was built in 1956 as part of a new architectural trend: a fusion of classical design and lavish décor, redefining the concept of space. The iconic building of Sofia Hotel Balkan is part of the President’s Palace complex and beneath its foundations lies a historical Roman fortress, the remains of which can be seen all around the hotel.
Get these exclusive SPG® member benefits:
- Best Rates
Not an SPG Member?
Joining is quick, easy, and free. Join Now
Terms & Conditions
© 2016 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc
Hear from our guests about their stay from 49 verified guest reviews
69%of our guests
recommend this hotel
OVERALL IMPRESSION: No doubt that this is the social center of Sofia and the heart of the action.
SPG RECOGNITION: Excellent. Upgrade to an impressive and enormous suite. Lovely in-room amenity. Lounge access.
THE ROOM: Grand in classical style.
LOCATION: The very heart of Sofia - on the main square.
EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS: The assistance of the concierge team prior to and during my stay went above and beyond - including one kind soul actually standing in the queue to obtain a ticket for me.
ONE THING TO KNOW: Don’t miss the incredible ruins on display in the courtyard of the hotel.
- Complimentary High Speed Internet
- 24-hour business centre with high-speed Internet access
- 24-hour concierge service, butler service, laundry and dry cleaning available seven days a week.
- Luxury Collection Concierge who will guide you during your stay.
How to get to Sofia Hotel Balkan
Located in the heart of Sofia, the hotel is ideally situated just a stroll from the business and commercial district. Only 10 km from Sofia Hotel Balkan and close to the Central Railway Station, it is very easy to reach.
- Sofia International Airport
- National Theatre "Ivan Vazov"
- Cathedral of Saint Joseph
- Cathedral Saint Alexandar Nevski
- National Culture Palace
- President Palace
- Saint Sofia Church and Statue of Saint Sofia
- St Nedelya Church
- St. George Rotunda
- National Gallery for Foreign Art
How To Get Here
Enjoy the variety of tastes and flavors of Sofia at our restaurant and bar
The Stardust Restaurant offers the best ingredients for an exceptional dining experience, a fine mix of Continental cuisine and renowned Bulgarian tradition in hospitality and service. Sip a drink at the Pliska bar and savor a refined selection of snacks, fresh salads and variety of drinks to satisfy any taste.
- Stardust Restaurant
- Lobby Bar Pliska
Hours Of Operation
Your meetings and events in the heart of Sofia
Sofia Hotel Balkan offers sophisticated meeting rooms for gala dinners, conferences, banquets, engagements and your most important and special events.
- 5 meeting rooms
- The Royal Ballroom: Admire the panoramic view over Rotunda St. George, accommodating up to 650 guests.
- The Twin Ballrooms: Serdica and Sredetz are naturally lit venues. Each hall has 230 square metres of space and 6 metre high ceilings
- Rila Conference Room can accommodate up to 50 guests and provides modern equipment and facilities.
- Pirin Conference Room can accommodate up to 30 people and offers a view over the city centre